A Note About COVID-19
COVID-19 is a serious health concern that affects everyone and every business. To us, there’s nothing more important than the health and well-being of our students, our staff, and their families. To ensure everyone’s safety, we have adopted policies and procedures that apply to everyone, including guests and visitors.
Our COVID-19 Guidelines
- Please be on time; no more than 5 minutes early or 5 minutes late
- Parents are to drop off and pick up only. Please remain in your cars rather than waiting for your student in the lobby.
- For the safety of our staff and students, upon arrival all students’ temperatures will be taken with a non-contact forehead thermometer. If the temperature is above 100 degrees, we will ask that your dancer return home.
- Students are to arrive dressed for class and with hair fixed securely in a bun
- Masks should be worn to enter and exit the building. Once class is ready to begin the new guidelines now require students to leave the mask on. We have in place a break for keeping the mask on. When a dancer gives the peace sign he or she will be allowed the go to a specific place and remove the mask for a few minutes.
- Students will be assigned to the same spot for barre and center work
- Limit belongings to 1 bag
- Bring a yoga mat or large towel to sit on during lunch or snack break
- Students are to use hand sanitizer before and after each class
- If your child has any flu-like symptoms or has been exposed to Covid-19, we ask that your child remain at home
- We will be adhering to all CDC and Montgomery County guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy environment
- Social distancing will be adhered to as much as possible
- All areas of the studio, including offices, will be adequately ventilated to ensure proper air flow
- All common areas of the building will undergo proper cleaning, with special attention paid to barres, mirrors, etc.–as well as to restrooms
- Extreme care will be taken to monitor for signs of ill-health and immediate actions will be performed accordingly
We appreciate the trust you have placed in us to help ensure your continued safety and the safety of your loved one(s).
Who We Are
At Pennsylvania Dance Institute, we foster and develop the artistic abilities of the very young dancer as well as the aspiring pre-professional. Our faculty encourages and supports each student in achieving a personal sense of strength and purpose through the study of ballet, pointe, and modern dance which is part of our contemporary dance program. The positive, nurturing environment at PDI provides our dancers with the skills necessary to succeed, be it in dance or any chosen path in life.
Don’t miss the opportunity to let your child experience the world of dance in a fun and creative way! Whether your child has taken classes at our location before or not, he or she will love the opportunity to be part of our Children’s Dance Program brought from the Joffrey Ballet of New York / Chicago. We also offer a Pre-Professional Program with ballet, pointe, and modern dance.
Click HERE to view our Fall Class Schedule.
Our program is designed to increase your child’s self-esteem in terms of spatial awareness and body movement. Research indicates that dance can help improve a child’s confidence level and help promote a healthy body image!
We provide dance lessons in the Huntingdon Valley area as well as Southampton, Willow Grove, Feasterville, Meadowbrook, Jenkintown, Rydal and Northeast Philadelphia.
What People Are Saying
I began dancing at the age of 6 at a neighborhood dance studio, but it wasn’t until I transferred to Pennsylvania Dance Institute at age 12 that my training really began! Under the direction of competent and caring instructors, I began to flourish as a dancer. I went on to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Dance from New York University and then later a Master’s in Dance/Movement Therapy. As a professional, I continued to express my love for the art of dance through choreography which was performed in the Philadelphia area. Now, I am a Mom and wouldn’t think of sending my little girl anywhere but Pennsylvania Dance Institute for training that is age appropriate, technically sound, and which nurtures the dancer in her!
– Nicole Gonnella Doran, Philadelphia
Of all the things I am most thankful for in my life Pennsylvania Dance Institute is one of the top places on the list….kind souls are not easy to come by in ballet and this is a studio of beautiful, sane, hardworking, fair, talented and through-and-through KIND dancers… very proud to be with you….. very thankful to have moved on from other studios and found my way to you.
– Julia Brandenberger
PDI does more than train dancers – it cultivates artists. From my earliest years in the children’s dance program, I was exposed to teachers and choreographers from widely varied backgrounds, and I was given regular performing opportunities with the professional company in residence. I learned discipline and technique while my creative spirit was nurtured, all in a loving environment that for me provided a second home and a solid foundation for success in other areas of my life over my 25 years of studying and working with the school.
– Kyra Mumbauer, former student and company member
Our Convenient Location & Contact Information
1458 County Line Rd. Unit G
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006